Monday 1 April 2013

A is for April!

It has begun.... the A-Z challenge. its the FIRST of April! Prima Aprilis!! Happy Poisson Avril tout le monde! 

I wonder if any of you have heard of śmigus-dyngus?

Its a Polish holiday. I used to live there, you know. and dyngus is a tradition that dates back millions of years. or at least decades. and on Easter Monday (So today) people are PERMITTED to chuck  bucket loads of water out their bedroom windows, and onto unsuspecting passers by in the street below! 

the aim is to drench as many people as possible.to pass on the love for easter monday, of course. 

Mind you, true friends will ignore windows. 



....such fun! 

Fortunately, or unfortunately I havent suffered any april fools jokes today, yet. 

But, i was pretty impressed with new idea of a glass bottomed aeroplane. 



Anyway, back to April - Its my favourite month. :D 

its the month of daffodils! The beginning of spring! the new tax year? changes to the benefit system and welfare? well...maybe thats not my main reason. its well... its...

its my birthday!!! 





4 comments:

  1. Yay Becky you're blogging again! I'm looking forward to the rest of your A to Z :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! and i noticed from your blog that i think i have made 2 before!! unless bells' views is some unknown and not me.... But becksters this is gonna be hard! x

      Delete
    2. Yes I think you do have 2 others! Maybe next year you can do the A to Z on all three, with a different topic for each blog! ;)

      Delete
    3. haha now that WOULD be a challenge!

      Delete