Sunday 7 April 2013

E is for the Environs of Kent

I live in Kent.

Kent is one of the Homecounties, which means that it is one of London's borders.

Apparently it is 'the Garden of England', full of flowers, trees and lots and lots of grass - and not to mention the country pubs. theres a fair few of those too.

I recently took a drive through the weald of Kent, with its rolling hills and grassy verges. It is picturesque, and is probably perfect for photographs.

Any budding photographers out there may want to make a trip down south, but perhaps weather permitting.

I drove past various cricket clubs, and saw multiple birds and creatures on the way. a Partridge tried to even hitch a lift!

I would recommend Tenterden. there are a dozen country pubs, and a railway to boot. you can hop aboard  a steam engine for the day.

Another place I admire, is Tankerton (another t word, woops) which has HUGE hills, and a spit going out to sea. you can walk along it at low tide and spot some star fish and jelly fish on your travels.

It too has numerous pubs and fish and chip shops.

Munching of chips is a nice way to travel around. i wonder if anyone has done a twist of the pub crawl, and gone for chip shops?!

for american readers, chips are fries, and for the french, chips are frites, not crisps.

but they all taste yum scrum, and i wouldnt mind any in my tum

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to second Tankerton for all your readers! Especially at low tide when you can walk out on the spit :) I love that!

    ReplyDelete